“If you can’t explain it simply, you don’t understand it well enough.” Albert Einstein
While the actual development of a financial plan is complex and technical, at Hittinger Financial we adhere to a rather simple and inclusive client interfacing approach that engages you.
- Let’s Enlighten each other and get acquainted. We’ll discuss values, yours and ours, as well as goals and dreams.
- Let’s Engage by completing a personal needs and risk assessment, as well as obtaining other quantitative information and documents to include cash, liabilities, protection, taxes and investments.
- We’ll Establish, develop, and present personalized financial strategies and recommendations to help ensure that you have the means to live the lifestyle you want and deserve; then together we’ll agree on implementation responsibilities.
- Let’s Execute your plan by putting it into action through carefully and appropriately selected strategies and tools.
- We’ll Empower you to transform your financial roadmap into a living, breathing document - the journey of your life!
Our Approach - Our Distinguishing Ingredient
While the basic steps above form the keystone of our client interface, we believe the ingredients in our process are really the key to our success. Just as a gourmet meal is so much more than the individual courses (appetizer, salad, entree and dessert), it’s really the process and presentation that make it a table d'hôte. And so it is with your financial plan.
We start with a conversation to assess your current financial situation. During this process we endeavor to assist you to discover and enjoy money that they may be unintentionally and needlessly surrendering in the form of taxes, lost opportunity cost, insurance and interest. Remember, it’s not what you make, it’s what you keep. Only after we have a comprehensive understanding of your financial needs, requirements and goals, we commence our Advance & Protect discussion.
Our Advance & Protect strategy is a strategy which specifically seeks to help protect clients’ irreplaceable assets and capital - wealth that cannot easily be replaced once lost – from market declines and volatility while using tactical investing to participate in upside opportunity. This is a longer-term model whose goal is to be invested in equities (primarily U.S.) during bull markets and in fixed income (cash and bonds) during bear markets. Portfolio changes occur when a new bull market is signaled by our indicators, and on quarterly intervals within ongoing bull and bear markets. During bull markets, allocations to equities will be based on relative strength to determine the strongest areas of the market to invest in.
Our investment strategy seeks to:
- Provide protection on the downside with an emphasis on risk management
- Incorporate a strategic sell discipline suited to today’s volatile markets
- Accumulate gains through a rigorous investment process that establishes Advance-ability & Protect-ability
No strategy ensures a profit or protects against a loss. There is no "right" time to enter or exit a market. There is no guarantee that the investment objective will be met.
Stock investing involves risk including loss of principal.
Bonds are subject to market and interest rate risk if sold prior to maturity. Bond values will decline as interest rates rise and bonds are subject to availability and change in price.
Tactical allocation may involve more frequent buying and selling of assets and will tend to generate higher transaction cost. Investors should consider the tax consequences of moving positions more frequently.